My plan is pretty much:
- LIMIT MY PURCHASES TO ONLY BURBERRY BEAUTY because I am a huge Burberry fan and absolutely need[desire] the entire range but it's so bloody expensive but that won't stop me.
- PRACTISE BURBERRY BEAUTY PRINCIPLES which is basically applying makeup in order to look fresh, clean, natural, professional and minimal. Yeah you could totally call this a "minimal makeup" development in my life. I'm definitely not ready to part with not-my-lip-colour lip products and flicks of coloured eyeliner yet though so I'll just call this my "minimising" phase.
- MAKE WAY FOR BURBERRY MAKEUP and by this I mean be really really harsh with what I do and don't use so that I can have space for any Burberry makeup that is coming in the (far) future. For this step I am making it my mission to clean out a little makeup at a time and each fortnight or so reward myself with one Burberry product.
In case you couldn't already tell, I'm a little obsessed with Burberry at the moment. I know there are plenty of high end brands out there but I never really "got them". My mum is a die hard Chanel fan and my grandma adores Dior and Lancome, but they don't appeal to me (although the Lancome Rouge in Love line is amazing). YSL, Benefit and Tom Ford were always a little too over the top and/or not worth the moolah for me. The closest brands I have come to coveting on similar level to Burberry Beauty is Hourglass or Nars, which admittedly have reasonable prices when compared to their Burberry counterparts - and probably better products too but eh.
Now that addiction as been established, I can now move on to the list of products I have thoroughly researched and tried out. I will be purchasing:
Sheer and Wet/Dry Eyeshadows $45
- Pale Barley (bought 11/5)
- Rosewood (bought 16/3)
- Antique Rose (bought 18/5)
- Porcelain (bought 27/3)
- Nude (bought 21/5)
- Shell (bought 26/5)
- Midnight Brown (bought August)
Light Glow Blush $70
- Earthy (bought 13/4)
In total (should no new releases distract me) it should be $340 ..... In all honesty, I do think all the makeup I have bought over the last two years at Priceline and Mecca Maxima could've amounted to the thousands. I didn't include any eyeliners, mascara or brow products because I recently won a giveaway (:D!) hosted by Couturing.com thus sparking my need to have a larger Burberry Beauty closet. More on that later. Having less drugstore makeup will make it a challenge to blog, especially when I have been drafting up a lot of comparison posts, but I'm sure I can think up blog post ideas. Well that's that for now, until next time! xx
Update 12/5: I've decided to cut down on the amount of eyeshadows. Recently I finished putting together my Inglot palette and I don't feel the need to fill in many more gaps in my eyeshadow collection. If anything, I'm loving the quality and relative affordability of Inglot shadows already! Although nothing can ever replace Burberry in my heart, I want to actually use everything I have. So dark and overly warm shadows just won't do for me.